Do you have big dreams for 2011? I know I do. There are never enough hours in the day, so it's important to make the most of what you have. Here are five simple tips to help optimize your time and make your creative dreams come true. Ready, set, go!
1. Set Goals... like on paper. If you're afraid to set specific goals with timelines it's probably because you're nervous to 'fail'. I understand that feeling. Just remember... without specific goals it's difficult to celebrate your accomplishments. So, don't be nervous... make your lists and celebrate each small achievement one by one! This will help you feel motivated and inspired to move forward!
2. Create a personal 'rewards system'. I've done this for years and it's helped me get MUCH more done in shorter amounts of time. When you're working on your own dream you have to create your own deadlines and schedules. Little rewards help so much! When you set a new goal, set a timeline and a reward for yourself. Make sure it's something that you won't allow yourself to have unless you make the goal and it's something exciting enough to motivate you to work hard. Depending on the task I have I set little rewards scaling from a nice dinner out to a weekend trip or a new pair of cute shoes. It's silly, but it works wonders.
3. We're all busy. Whether you're a student, a business owner, a full time employee or a mom we're ALL busy. We all have only 24 hours in each day and options for time management. Stop making excuses and set an amount of time (no matter how small) each day to work on your goal.
4. Love your working atmosphere. If you don't love it, redecorate. An inspiring space can increase productivity.
5. Schedule. Know when you're working, when you're playing and when you're relaxing. Focus on quality time spent working so that you'll feel good about your time spent relaxing.♥
Cheers to a productive new year! Love, Elsie