This special project for my niece was so much fun! After we made Bella's birthday cookies I throught it would be fun to make a mini plush version of her (a twin!) as a fun gift....
Here's how we made Bella's doll... First, I picked up a blank plush doll from Hobby Lobby. I painted it's scalp black and added yarn hair to match her cute bob. Then I painted a cute "swimsuit" and glitter shoes on the doll (all with fabric paint). Kinsey helped craft these adorable outfits. They are made with restyled fabrics and simply a tiny version of the outfit i bought for Bella. The bow and polka dots are painted on the fabric with Martha Stewart Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint (our new favorite paint). She loves The Wizard of Oz, so I snagged some red glitter shoes for her too. It was so much fun. We whipped this doll up in a couple days in our spare time at the shop!
Hooray! Bella loved her new doll and her new outfit too! I love handmade toys and it was so much fun to make this doll for her! If you make a doll for your kiddo please share a link with me. XO. elsie
I've been having some fun playing with Inkodye, a light sensitive fabric dye, which I first heard about via How About Orange. Here's how it works...
The only crazy thing about this dye is that it smells just like hair dye. My sweet mother in law gave me a huge bag of keys a while back and I finally found a place to use them! It was fun masking this design with random keys. I kinda want to do a larger piece of fabric for a dress or skirt!
I was pretty happy with my first attempt. I tried a couple other objects (doily, clothes pins) that didn't work so well. I think that one of the tricks is that it needs to be a really solid object that masks out all light for the sun exposure. I am going to try a few more experiments, but I'm excited about the possibilities with this dye. I can't wait to use the red bottle! Happy Sunday... Elsie
Hi there! This week's 10 Things list is dedicated to all things that inspire me to dress up... from light-hearted to fancy! Enjoy! 1. These beautiful photos from Talc Boutique inspire me. I'm loving the bold colors and painted eyes.
2. Oh Kirsten... that messy hair kills me! How about messy hair with a pretty dress? Into it? Me too!
3. Lauren Moffatt has produced another incredible collection. I'm dying over the dress in the bottom left corner. Which one is your favorite?
4. I'm loving these paper dresses made from vintage maps from Annex. Absolutely gorgeous and so original!
5. I think i need these shoes from UO. What would you wear them with? I'm thinking lace dress or jeans...
6. I love this painting by Michael Carson... definitely makes me wanna dress up!
7. I LOVE this hand painted top by Rachel Rose on Etsy. Handmade is still my favorite! This is so beautiful.
8. These shoes by Julie Pillet are amazing. Check out her site... I love SO MANY pairs of her shoes!
9. This top is my favorite thing at Anthropologie right now. It's a treasure!
10. This Valentino dress made my week. Isn't it gorgeous!!
Well, I hope you are having an incredible weekend! I'm planning to hand out with my brother tonight with some pizza and computer time... can't wait. XOXO elsie