« Best Friends Forever |
| DIY Jewelry Display »
Hi friend! Today we're excited to share with you 10 ways to wear one of our favorite staples, silk scarves!
1. Fold your scarf into a long rectangle (you can do this with traditional square scarves or skinny scarves). Tie it behind your head, under your hair.
2. Style your hair into a messy bun or top knot. Fold your scarf into a long rectangle and tie around your head so the knots in the front. Style the knot by twisting or tucking parts of it in.
3. Tie your scarf into a knot in the middle. Style the knot in the front of your head and tie the scarf around your head, over your hair in the back.
4. Style your hair into a pony tail. Tie the scarf over your hair tie so that it looks like a floppy bow!
5. Tie the scarf onto a strand of your hair in the back. Braid your scarf into your hair and (if long enough) use the end to tie the braid securely.
6. Fold the scarf into a long rectangle and tie around your head, over your hair. This one is super laid-back but cute!
7. Style your hair in a messy bun and tie the scarf around the base of the fun with the knot in the back.
8. Add color to your outfit by tying your scarf around your neck.
9. Fold your scarf into a large triangle (this works best with traditional square scarves). Tie the longest two ends around your head and under your hair.
10. Thinking of wearing your scarf later on? Add a bit contrast to your purse by tying your scarf around one handle in a bow or a cute knot.
By the way, our silk scarves are back in stock! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! emma
Posted on April 01, 2012 in HAIR + MAKEUP, STYLING | Permalink
Such a lovely list of ways to wear them, I always find them so difficult to wear as actual scarves, but I love them in braids!
April 01, 2012 at 03:51 PM
My hair is short now, but I used to love rocking the braided scarf do! I loved doing Heidi braids with that look: http://blog.geekxnerd.com/2008/04/random-bits-of-my-day.html
April 01, 2012 at 03:52 PM
Thank you for sharing these great variations. It's inspiring!
April 01, 2012 at 03:52 PM
Thank you! Love, love, love!
April 01, 2012 at 03:54 PM
All great ideas!
DNA (designers+artists) |
April 01, 2012 at 04:03 PM
now i need new scarf.. hm :)
April 01, 2012 at 04:05 PM
This reminded me of the three lovely sisters in the classic film Fiddler on the Roof, and their penchant for wearing #9. I used to steal my mum's scarves, tie them round my hair, and belt out my own rendition of "Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match!"
Valerie @ allmussedup |
April 01, 2012 at 04:08 PM
After attending a 40's tea-party and tying a scarf in my hair I have been loving these cover-ups for days when my hair isnt cooperating!
April 01, 2012 at 04:18 PM
Any ideas for someone with very short hair?
I live in a house full of testosterone and need to feminise myself every so often.
April 01, 2012 at 04:23 PM
I love this(especially the braid) <3
April 01, 2012 at 04:33 PM
Cute! Love the second style, can't wait to try it!
April 01, 2012 at 04:51 PM
May I add No.11? If your scarf is long enough you can also wear it as a belt, e.g. over a maxi dress! I think it looks so cute (and it´s much more comfortable than a stiff leather belt)!! :)
I love your blog, I´m looking forward to checking it out EVERY day (it´s seriously one of the first things I do in the morning, after getting a cup of coffe of course ;))
I´d feel honoured if you visit my blog which is pretty new but I already have so much fun with it..
April 01, 2012 at 04:54 PM
Thank you! I will be buying more silk scarves from you on--I never knew what to do with them before!
April 01, 2012 at 04:55 PM
that second way is so cute :) i love your scarf collection!
April 01, 2012 at 05:06 PM
Mrs. Baker |
April 01, 2012 at 05:20 PM
Such great ideas! I love all of them and will have to try them out with some of my scarves.
April 01, 2012 at 05:25 PM
Thanks for the post. For some reason I've been intimidated by scarves, because I always think I'm going to wear it wrong. I really want some square ones now, I want to wear them at my neck like you guys do!
April 01, 2012 at 05:52 PM
this is fantastic! I have so many silk scarves b/c I'm obsessed with the patterns but I rarely find ways to wear them. Thanks for the ideas :)
April 01, 2012 at 06:01 PM
We just entered the blogging world and would appreciate if you looked at our blog!
Annie & Nicole
April 01, 2012 at 06:05 PM
Wonderful! I have a great 1960's dip-dyed scarf I've been dying to use for more than just a pony tie back-- I can't wait to try it out!
April 01, 2012 at 06:34 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.